Friday, April 10, 2015

Oops, I did it again.

It happened again.Just like it did here.

Last night I was at the kitchen island dicing, slicing, and preparing dinner.

Rick was also at the kitchen island working on his tablet.
The local news was on in the background.
A commercial for INOVA hospital was playing.
I heard them say, for your neck, spine and back hair.

I laughed. Rick said, "What are you laughing about?"

I replied, "Didn't you hear what they just said?"
Rick: "Apparently not."
Me:  "I'll rewind it for you so you can hear this. I don't know what the hell they do with back hair at the hospital, but that struck me funny. Maybe it's laser hair removal or something."

Of course, Rick is laughing without even hearing the commercial by what I just said.

I rewind for us to listen. I again hear, "Inova Neck, Spine and Back Hair"
Rick looks at me and says, "Why the hell is that so funny?"
"Well, because what are they doing with back hair?"

Oh my, goodness he is now laughing so hard he could barely speak.

He said, "Is it that you're really a blond or you are really that hard of hearing that you hear that twice?"
"Well, I think it may be the latter the way you're laughing at me. What did they really say then?"

He slowly mouths while doing American Sign Language, Neck, Spine and Back Care.


Yep, that makes more sense.



5 comments:

Ms. A said...

Spewing!!! (although I can see how easy the mistake would be)

Mike said...

Once you get the wrong thing stuck in your brain it's hard to get it out. Like music lyrics that you hear that aren't even close to what the singer is singing.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

If it's not my ears, it's my eyes. I don't like this growing older business.

Anonymous said...

Oh, just do it. Go see an audiologist. Get yourself some bionic ears. The difference is incredible.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Bikinfool - then what will I write about?