For most women having a bad hair day can ruin the day. Simple as that.
My hairdresser did a very bad job on my hair. It is a hot mess. I can't do anything with it and its way too short. So for the next two month at the very least I will have a bad hair day.
Getting a hair cut in these parts isn't cheap. Unless you go to a dive like I've been doing, then it's affordable at $55 - 60 for a haircut.
Where I used to go I paid $80 but after losing my corporate job that just became too much.
I was struggling trying to find someone who knew how to cut with a razor. One bad haircut after another. Then a neighbor told me about the woman I go to now.
She could wield a razor like Edward Scissorhands. She worked in a dive of a place in a strip mall. The place has bright yellow walls like a kindergarten classroom.
The name of the place is straight out of the 70's and the decor is as well.
The women who work there look like they haven't updated their hair or clothes since the 70's as well. I find it off putting to walk into a salon where everyone has outdated clothes and hair. How can they give you the latest cuts, styles, or color treatments?
Yep, you can't get those things here.
But this little bit of sunshine that was cutting my hair was good.
Not great like some of my others but good. She stays there for the convenience because it's close to home. She has a mentally challenged daughter and this is close when need be.
But lately there is no constancy in my cuts or haircolor. And while I personally really really like her this cut I believe to be the last straw. So now I will wear a hat for awhile and color my own hair. I must find a new salon. I'll grow my hair if I have to, so I don't need it cut every 5-6 weeks since I will have to pay so much more money. I just need to find a new salon.
Men don't understand this stress. My hubby would just as soon shave his whole head if I didn't beg him not to. He has an egg head, he shouldn't do that.
I need a salon that is open on Saturdays, talented modern staff, speaks English as their first language and can use a razor and knows new styles and not just straight long hair. Can be a master colorist and if they do waxing to boot they are mine.
Know where I could find one? Yea, me neither.
9 comments:
I read that the other day - was so funny!!
I haven't heard about razor cuts in quite awhile. I had one or two back in the day but never saw any difference from a good ol' regular hair cut.
April, you saw my hair?
Mike, as a former barber razor cutting from long long ago for men is not the same as I'm talking about. Today for women it means jagged edges, full lift. Not usually a man thing,but it can be. And yes I waz a full flodged licensed barber back in the day ubtil I went back to scool. :-)
Please post a photo so we can judge ;) I am not a good one to ask been getting Great Clips cuts for years - often with the $8.99 coupon. Frugal is in my blood :D
Carma - no way unless I am wearing a hat will you see this hot mess.
Thank God I work from home!!
I hardly have any hair left. Most is in the drain, or on the floor to clog up the vacuum. *sigh
Cora, sadly mine too which made me go short to begin with. Before we knew what was wrong with me I lost so damn much hair, eyelashes and corners of my brows. But it's grown in nicely with the exception of lashes and brows...until now. I am taking their biotin tablets 3 x a day and hopefully that will help in the growth - or so i am told. We'll see. I just need to find a new hair dreser. My old one stopped working Saturdays - she only works T, W,&Thurs. She makes over 100K a year - only works 3 days a week. I want that job.(no she is not the owner)
That's why I just go to Great Clips. $15 and they get it as good as those $50 places lol.
Julie - Great Clips is 35 here. So it's not that big a savings for rookie cutters doing my hair. And I don't find that the rookies are any better - I've made that mistake too.
I want someone with lots of training and not just a blunt cut!
Post a Comment