I'm leaving Friday to go to the great white north also known as my hometown.
I will be attending my high school reunion.
Should be interesting. I can't wait to see the 2 women I am going with.
I know for a fact there will be laughs and giggles all night with them.
My neighbor just told me about hers and said "It was great! It was so hard to recognize people. Age sure takes a toll!"
I thought that was funny. We should have name tags that have our senior pictures on them.
Good way to recognize everyone.
It will be cooler up there and I love that. (high 70's I hear)
I love that kind of weather so that should be great as well as comfortable.
I hope to make it to the beach if for nothing else to shoot some sunrise or sunsets.
It will be a fun filled crazy weekend and I can't wait to get away.
The drive is the only thing I hate. But I'm leaving very early so hopefully the turnpike won't be too bad. Oh who the hell am I kidding the PA turnpike is always awful.
Do you know it has been under construction since I began driving at age 16?
Wonder if it will ever be finished?
In other news -
My husband lost his wallet, his life, this week.
He doesn't know where. We were together Saturday and he had it at the grocery store.
We came home and made a crab dip and had lunch.
We went to a party Saturday night and came straight home.
We went no where else all weekend. It was not in his pants.
We have torn apart our home. And I do mean tear it apart!
So I spent Monday freezing accounts and handling his life.
He got his license taken care of.
They suggested he go to the sheriff's office to file this because if someone does find it and they use his name for fraud this is all documented. They asked him where he lost it and he said, "If I knew that it wouldn't be lost"
snarky bastard isn't he?
To those of you reading this, Katie and Jennifer, you know how he is.
He will pick on me mercilessly for doing what he calls "foolish" things like losing my costco card or running low on gas. (I've never run out of gas, so he gets in my car when I'm on E, it's not my fault)
When I misplaced my glasses he gave me such shit about it for 2 weeks. (they were in my briefcase in my Manhattan office so they weren't lost)
I mean to tell you he went on and on about how careless I am losing expensive eye wear.
yada yada yada.,
Well, I have never lost my wallet. So there!
Besides I found my eyeglasses. I don't think this wallet is going to appear.
This is a nightmare. Not to mention the $100 in the wallet he also had 2 american express cards, 3 company cards, personal debit cards and on and on.
I wanted to kill him. Hours spent on the phone and forms to fill etc.
Do you know how many vendors I had to call because our supplies are automatically deducted from a business debit card? I keep thinking I missed someone and I suppose I will find out when they call to tell me my card was rejected.
So then I can add embarrassment to this whole fiasco too. Lucky me.
He took care of his license and acted like he was a damn hero for all the time that took him.
Poor baby. Had to get a new license online. Hope he didn't hurt his little fingers doing all that typing.
Seriously it's like when "they" put the TP on the TP holder and act like they did something miraculous. Look what I did!
Honestly this man is driving me crazy lately with his forgetfulness, his head up his ass syndrome. What the hell is going on? He decided to blame this on his lyme medications.
I laughed and said I'm not buying that horse shit. He continues to laugh.
In the mean time I want to hurt him. Is that wrong?
While I'm gone I ask that he not burn down the house, lose our dog, or misplace his truck or phone. I suggested he not leave the house. But he never listens to me so who knows what I will come home to. I will be gone for 3 days, hopefully he can keep it together in that short of time. Wanna take bets?
8 comments:
I drove the PA turnpike the weekend before last. It hasn't gotten any better. Good luck.
That's what I'm afraid of Bill. Gee thanks.
So Rick has not mentioned inviting all us guys over while you are gone? Must have slipped his mind.
Mike he probably forgot I was leaving.
Scott keeps losing his set of my car car's keys. This is the 2nd car he's done that with. Lucky him they gave us another set when I just took my car in for the recall. Funny thing is we have some "hooks" that he hangs his keys on and he still loses them.
Oh and we had pics on our name tags like that for my 20th. People all looked the same though except for the guys.
Julie - it was only 20 yrs that is why you all look the same. By the time it your 40th not many look the same. I find the men look so much different compared to the women. Majority of the men I have seen on facebook are very very overweight, bald, gray haired and schleppy. Women don't often have gray hair or go bald so we have that going for us. :-)
Julie - that's funny!
Post a Comment