Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Ghosts

I love the show Paranormal.
Seriously though I can not watch it alone at times- even daytime.
I always wait for Rick to be home to watch it with me.
It's over now for the season but because I tivo it I just watched the season finale.
That show just lingers on for me. I think about it a lot.

When I was a little girl I have very vivid memories of an imaginary friend who I called Janet.
I can see what she is wearing to this very day. Black braided pigtails, red plaid dress, white socks and black shiney Mary Jane shoes.
Scary I can remember that but not where my flip flops were left last.

My family has always told stories about me screaming because my father "sat" on her.
Making my mom set a place for her at the dinner table for her.
I was 6 and under when we lived at that house. I remember all of this like it was yesterday.
Hell, better than yesterday because I don't remember what I had for dinner yesterday.

On the show Paranormal they showed a kid who was always talking and playing with an imaginary friend. The parents were worried about the kid and were convinced he saw ghosts. When the team came to inspect of course the parents were correct.
Unfortunately the imaginary friend began to scare this little boy and that was why the paranormal team was called in. So this young boy was playing with an older child who was making him sad and making him do mean things and damaging things around the house.
It wasn't fun anymore to play with him yet he wouldn't go away. That made him mad.
Hence the parents need to get this out of the house and why they were scared and called the paranormal team.

Now my husband is really convinced that my imaginary friend was a ghost. (he thought it could be before when I told him stories)
I know she could have been because I have lived in homes that were haunted and I have seen "things." shall we call it. But honestly I really just thought I had a vivid imagination - end of story.

However I am not so sure anymore. Rick asked me if my imaginary friend, Janet, came with us when we moved. I said no. And it hit me like a bolt. Why if this was imaginary wasn't she at my new house? Hmmm....good question.

So maybe he's right. (for once...tee hee) and she was a little girl that passed away in that home and came back. She liked my little toy piano and my blocks. I remember playing with those toys with her for hours. Could my whole memory of me and my imaginary friend be of a ghost? It kind of flips me out to think that to be honest. But he makes a good point. She was in my life all the time and then we moved and never saw her again.

Makes you wonder doesn't it?

No comments: