Monday, March 2, 2009

Snowmen

Saturday night we got a dusting of snow. I say a dusting because I grew up in Snow Country. Where 120-150 inches a year was no big deal and life NEVER stopped because of it.
A dusting because if you made a snow ball you'd get leaves and dirt and debris - so it wasn't much.

We went to our neighbors home and had a few drinks and laughs and then we left around midnight.

Sunday morning we were lying on the couch trying to regroup. We old farts take a bit longer to get moving the morning after drinking or staying up late. And sadly midnight is late for us.
Suddenly we heard a big thud on our front door.
We heard some giggling and just figured it was kids outside messing around. We thought it was just a snowball thrown at our door or that just hit our door because they missed their target.

But my nosey husband couldn't let it go. He got up and thought he'd check it out.
He looked out the window and saw nothing. He opened the front door and burst into laughter.

He yelled, "Margaret, you have got to come see this."
"Oh Rick are there people out front because I am still in my p.j.'s"
"No just come to the front door would you please?"

I go to the front door and this is what I see.

Okay this was funny!

We have no idea who did this. We were convinced it was our neighbors. So Rick took off the male genitalia and made it a woman. Yep accurately a woman with big old snow boobs with nipples. He picked it up and ran over and put it on our neighbors porch, rang the doorbell and ran. Okay we are old but not mature.

They called us and were laughing and thought Rick needed a new hobby. We realized they didn't do this. So we contacted the neighbors on the other side of us thinking they would be the only other ones who could possibly have done this. But we kind of doubted it because they have a 7 year old daughter. They thought it was quote, "Flipping Hilarious" but as they said, "they weren't that creative."

So fast forward to later in the day and I was in my office. I heard kids outside and I looked at the young boys. I opened the window thinking they may have been the pranksters and I heard them say, "How did it get on this guy's porch? (pointing to our neighbor) " Honestly it had a penis and nuts." They were laughing and trying to convince a kid that it had been changed.

So I now knew who did it. The kids were between 14-16 years old. Never have seen any of them before so I know they don't live close by. I yelled out the window, "Hey boys that was REALLY FUNNY, WE LOVED IT." They froze for a minute with sheer terror on their faces and then ran like hell. Honestly we were not even close to being mad - we thought it was funny. It didn't harm any property or person. It was just a prank that kids do that was harmless. I like harmless. Now would I have been so thrilled if I had a small kid - probably not but I know Rick and I would have still found it funny but have destroyed it before the kids saw it.

But why our house? I know the lady who is 78 and lives 2 doors down would not have found it funny so it was a good thing it was on our doorstep. Why do all these things happen to us?
Guess they knew their targets even though we didn't know them.

No comments: