Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day

Remember when VD was so much fun? I couldn't wait to read all my Valentines. I remember the night before writing them all out. I so hoped that cute boy would send me a special Valentine. I loved all the ones with glitter. Oh yes, I was a glitter foo-foo girly girl back then. Hmm....what the hell happened to that girl?

I had a cookie company 13 years ago or more. Valentines Day meant 24 hours of work. Literally. I am not exaggerating. We would start work on the 13th of February at 4:30a.m. and work until 6p.m. on the 14th. It was grueling. We used to call it by the company name(which will remain nameless) "Cookie XYZ tired" That meant dog ass tired, loopy tired, delirious tired. All of the above.

To this day my husband and I will refer to being tired and ask, "but are you Cookie XYZ tired?" Hell no....so you can go on.

Because of all that work and all that craziness to give people's loved one cookie bouquets or baskets or mugs we no longer really like this holiday. Even out of the buisness for 13 + years we still feel this is not a holiday for us.

Last month I made him promise not to get me anything for this holiday. I told him this- "besides honey it's so close to my birthday and that is my favorite holiday so save it all for then."

Now before I hear all the sigh's and aww's like we are pathetic for not celebrating this hallmark holiday we are going out to dinner tonight. But to be honest it's more about the convenience of neither of us cooking than it is Valentine's day.

Besides in 3 weeks I expect big beautiful shiney and sparkly things!

No comments: