Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Yoga Anyone?

Rick found a place to do his yoga.
I think this all starts for him next week.
The woman who owns the studio is on her website with her arms balancing herself with both her legs to the side of her, off the ground, and crossed at the ankles.
I stared at that photo and realized I will never ever be able to do that. Ever. period. 

While the two of us both need to stretch these hamstrings and open our hips and untighten our lower back area to help our back issues I just can't fathom being able to do these things.

I was teasing him about buying a pair of yoga pants. I was making myself laugh but Rick not so much. He won't be wearing any yoga pants. It reminded us both of an episode of Modern Family when Cam wore tight biking shorts that showed everything he was packin' to everyone elses horror. No, Rick won't be wearing yoga pants or shorts. But it's funny to me to think about it.

Rick gets such peace, tranquility and body strength by going. 
I want that but it doesn't work that way for me. 
I went to one of the classes with Rick a few years ago when he went to our local yoga studio that has since closed.  As I lay on the mat in the back row the yogi tells everyone to take their leg and arm and twist to the left. I was now staring at Rick who says, "Margaret, your other left." 
Of course I laughed when I realized I had gone to the right. The yogi was not happy with me and came over to me to reprimand me and tell me there was no laughing. Which makes me want to giggle all the more.  No, I don't think yoga is for me.

Apparently I need exercise that doesn't make me know my right from my left.

9 comments:

April said...

I'm the same way - I get so confused and then I fall behind and have know idea what I'm doing!!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

April - we ought to take a class together. :-)

Ms. A said...

Sharing my discomfort and inability with a room full of people... I don't think so! Go, Rick! I never would have imagined him doing this! Can you take photos?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh Cora you don't know him. He is never embarrassed by anything. He has no shame. He thinks being embarrassed is other peoples issues not his. Meaning, if you think I look the fool, it's your problem not mine. I wish I could be more like him in that regard.
I'd have to go to take photo's and there ain't no way I'm putting my fat ass in that yoga studio. :-)

Mike said...

Yoga schmoga. You were right when you left.

flask said...

that's a sucky yoga teacher.

really, really sucky. laughter is in no way incompatible with serious yoga practice.

yoga teachers who take themselves too seriously are like crabgrass.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

flask -- crabgrass!! HA:-)

Mom Taxi Julie said...

UGH bike shorts! My husband wears them 24/7 almost now. I kept telling him I could see his wiener but that didn't stop it.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie, if more women told him how awful they are he may change his pants. Honestly they are gross.