Wednesday, February 26, 2014

It's my baby's birthday today.

What you thought I meant Rick?


My girl is 5 yrs old today.

Like any good mom I sent her to play with her buddies and brought treats for the humans.
Her favorite thing is to swim. I couldn't accomodate that for her today, so doggie day care and running with other big dogs was the 2nd choice. 

I can't believe I've only had her for 5 yrs.  Rick has taken to calling her Chubba Wubba now.
Poor girl needs to get her figure back by bikini season. Last night she sat and stared a hole into me just like this photo. It lasted an hour. She wanted food and damn it she was going to wear me down. And she did....I gave her 1/4 cup of green beans. She had already eaten her dinner so this was her treat. Honestly she is so stubborn and I am apparently weak. But beans are the preferred treat to the vet vs. her food so at least there was that. 

I hope after the 1st week of this diet she starts to get used to this.  Because I think she has my number. 



6 comments:

Bilbo said...

We know all about the dreaded "Lab Stare." Nessa used to sit next to the table at mealtimes and look mournfully from Agnes to I and back again until one of us caved. If it took too long, she'd come closer and lay her head on our legs, and if it took WAY too long, she'd reach up and gently tap a leg with her paw. It takes a dog no time at all to get your number ...

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Bilbo - wow! It must be genetics because that is exactly the routine. spot on! The moving closer part never fails to make me laugh. I may need to try that when Rick doesn't agree with me. Think it'll work?

Ms. A said...

Happy Birthday to your baby!

Mike said...

HBD Izzy.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ms A - woof woof - or as my mom would say, thank you!

Mike - thank you....can I come play with Stella?

Carma Sez said...

these pets are onto our game. Pumpkin would eat 24/7 if she could - so she no longer gets a bowl of food left out and refilled during the day - she was starting to lose her girlish figure too. I am quicily learning pet feeding is no easy task. She loves to park herself in front of the pantry and meow whenever she catches my eye. Happy birthday to your pup!!!!