Friday, February 28, 2014

In my dreams

In my dreams it is spring and the flowers are blooming.
I took this photo a week ago when it hit 64 degrees and sunny for a few hours. 
This is a flower box on my patio.



I made the mistake of thinking this morning was 3 degrees but that was in the city.
Upon my return from a dog walk I saw the television and I realized I had read it all wrong.
Out here in my 'burb the weather man showed me it was a big 0 with wind chill.
Silly me, I thought we were having a damn heat wave. The local weather man also pointed out how the average is 51 degrees this time of year. Gee, thanks for that tidbit I feel so much better now with my hand warmers in the gloves and wearing 2 pairs of everything to walk the dog.

***Also found it interesting that no one commented on my spelling error for yesterdays header. I assume because you are so used to all my errors. ***

***I saw evidence yesterday of my birthday gift. Oh my goodness my man is so clueless when it comes to this. But I am thankful he tries and is thoughtful. But it still makes me laugh***

Here is your Friday Funny


7 comments:

Mike said...

Pointing out spelling or grammar errors would only be inviting severe retribution for me. I can't believe some of the stuff I miss on my blog. I'll see it the next day and do a face palm.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike - yep spell check doesn't even help me because it is usually confused by me. I spelled it correctly it was just the wrong word. Purse Springs instead of Purse Strings.

flask said...

yeah, i saw it but decided not to be an asshole in the comments.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

That's not being an asshole. Helping your stupid blogger buddy is a nice thing

Ms. A said...

I think I actually did point out a blunder once... you typed hymen instead of hymn, or something like that.

mama .bonnie said...

I'll admit, I didn't notice it yesterday. BUT in my defense, did you know that your brain doesn't 'read' every letter? Instead it will use context cues and beginning and ending of the word (vs reading the whole word). So purse strings makes more sense than purse springs.
That's my excuse and I'm going to stick with it (well and it is what I learned in college all those years ago) ;O)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Cora, that one is funny. Sadly I reread these so many times and don't see them. It frustrates me.

Bonnie I believe what you learned in college but I think I have issues. Big issues...but not as bad as me and math. :-)